02/05/14 07:53 Filed in: Basic
Remoulade is typical used on breaded fish filets and salami open-face sandwiches and a bunch of other traditional danish lunch dishes.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of a white onion
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 tablespoon of capers
- dash of curry to taste
- Below these ingredients are optional too
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper to taste
1) Mince onion, parsley and capers. Be careful not to mince too much which will make them too watery. Place 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 tbsp. of mustard, 1 tbsp. of fresh lemon juice, and 1 tsp. of Worcestershire sauce in a medium mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and whisk everything together in the bowl.
2) Cover and chill 1 hour. Rémoulade sauce is better if left for a few hours to let the flavors meld. which will allow the flavors to blend and intensify.
3) Keep refrigerated. Will keep for several days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.