Homemade meat jelly (Sky)
18/04/14 09:02 Filed in: Basic
Meat jelly ( sky ) are used for all kind of Danish cold cuts such as , salami (Spegepølse) , spiced meat rool ( Rullepølse), liver patè ( Leverpostej) etc.
- 5 dl. water ( dl = decilitre )
- 1 Onion
- 1 Broad-leaved parsley
- 2 bouillon cubes eller 2 spsk. meat extract
- sherry ( optional )
- Black pepper
- Brown food colouring
- 7-8 pieces gelatine
1) Water, onion rings, parsley, a bit of sherry and bouillon cubes comes in a pot and boiled till the bouillon cubes are dissolved.
2) Add salt, pepper, and a bit of brown food colouring to taste.
3) Soak gelatine in cold water in 5 min. Add to the warm broth, stir till dissolved.
4) Sieve the broth into a serving tray or bowl and transfer it to cool in the fridge for 3-6 hours.
Serve with Spiced meat roll